I work with website clients in two ways:
WordPress Care Plans
Care Plans are available as a monthly subscription package. Monthly subscriptions require online payment, and your credit card will be billed monthly for the life of your subscription. For longer terms of payment, I will provide an invoice, payable by PayPal or credit card.
Scoped Project Work
Work not covered by Care Plans is invoiced separately. This includes hours beyond what the selected Care Plan covers, or larger projects such as additional design work and website redesign projects. Invoices may be paid online with a credit card, or by PayPal.
Why do you need a WordPress Care Plan?
Apart from content updates, your WordPress installation needs regular maintenance to perform optimally. WordPress is increasingly targeted by hackers looking to wreak havoc. As soon as the WordPress team finds these vulnerabilities, they create patches to fix them, leading to regular updates that will keep your WordPress installation clean and safe. 2017 saw 8 WordPress updates, and 2018 had 11 — so it approaches close to one per month. Theme and plug-in updates often occur in response to WordPress updates, but also independently based on bugs, security issues, and feature set improvements. Typical sites may see anywhere from 4 to 10 theme and plug-in updates per month… or more!
Your WordPress installation must be kept current to avoid becoming the next victim.
In addition, regular backups, security scans, and uptime monitoring all contribute to a more robust site, providing a better visitor experience.
WordPress Care Plan Details
All plans include:
- Proactive updates to WordPress core files, themes, and plug-ins
- If an update breaks something on your website, I will work to resolve the issue
- Verify automatic backups are running daily
- Restore from backup if there is an issue or the site is hacked
- 24/7 uptime monitoring
- Security monitoring and security scans, including proactive security adjustments
- The Essential Care Plan will free you from worry about updating your WordPress installation, and will give you a resource for a few quick questions and/or update tasks.
With the Plus and Premium Care Plans
you can rest assured that your website infrastructure will remain current, plus you’ll receive technical support and site updates so you can keep your website in top shape. Having a resource available for the day-to-day care and feeding of your site, as well as ongoing updates, is key to your peace of mind!
|Month-to-month plan||$75 per month||$139 per month||$250 per month|
|Technical Guidance* (time per month)||30 minutes||1 hour||unlimited|
|Site updates** (time per month)||30 minutes||1 hour||3 hours|
* Technical guidance: Answer questions and provide guidance via email or phone, related to WordPress, domain registration, hosting, email, security, analytics, content, formatting, etc. This does not include any actual work on your site.
** Site updates: Update existing content or add new content to existing pages, including text, forms, images, and video. Add new pages including new content and related navigational changes. Update CSS styling (colors, text size, fonts, backgrounds, etc.).
If requests fall outside this definition, or the time required goes beyond your plan, I will let you know the time impact and offer options to accommodate getting the work done, possibly with additional billing.